Online search results from search engines are a tricky beast. How did your company end up on the first page one day, and then you can’t even find it the next? Seems rather strange, right? But there is a formula behind this, albeit, long confusing and a little bit different according to each individual search engine.
Unless you have the time to educate yourself about all of the ins-and-outs of how search engines work, it’s best to follow a few simple tips that can help you move your website up to the top of all the search engines. Here are seven tips to get you started:
- Start a forum or blog to monitor what your website visitors are asking for. Incorporate these changes to show you value their opinion. This will keep your content fresh and customers happy.
- Submit your business information to free directories. Directories with Yahoo!, Google, Yelp, CitySearch and many more will allow you to do this for free. You can always step it up and pay for certain features to become more noticeable.
- Offer freebies and hold contests. Even the smallest of prizes are appreciated by customers. Use Social Networking sites to promote these freebies and contests.
- Start a Podcast, make a video and invest in photography. Every person that surfs the web looks for different things that appeal to their senses. Many websites overlook the need for visual and audio stimulation.
- Create press releases for newsworthy events. You can then submit these for free to various press release websites, and hope they get picked up by other websites.
- Create tutorials. Show your customers that even though you are selling them a product and a service, you are always there to help them use those products and services properly. Tutorials allow you to reach out to customers without constantly having to repeat yourself.
- Utilize email signatures. These project a higher level of professionalism, and of course, provide the email recipient with all of your contact information.
Although these may seem more like they are ways to promote your business, they are also helping to build your rapport with current clients as well as future ones.
Questions, comments? Let us know below.